If you long to be in wine country for harvest festivites, now is the time to plan to attend the Livermore Valley Harvest Wine Celebration coming up on Labor Day weekend! Last fall I had the great opportunity to become a winemaker at Wente Winemakers Studio in Livermore Valley Wine Country. That experience combined with an exploration of the area’s picturesque vineyards and other family owned wineries made me a fan of this destination. Ideal for wine lovers, Livermore is located in the Tri-Valley Region just about an hour east of San Francisco.
Taking place on Sunday, September 2, 2018, the popular Harvest Wine Celebration festival in its 37th year includes 35+ local wineries showcasing Livermore Valley wine, food, art, crafts and music for ticket holders—each at their own winery. That means that guests will experience the true personality of each winery through its wines, people, and activities. This is a notch above the usual wine tasting! As a bonus, 30 wineries will honor event wristbands for free tasting on Monday as well. That means ticket holders receive a two day experience for $40 in advance and $45 at the event on Sunday.
• Concannon Vineyard will host an Escape Room for ticketed guests
• Murrieta’s Well will offer vineyard tours every hour
• Retzlaff Estate Winery will give a cork demonstration and tours of the historic estate and organic vineyard and garden
• Garre´ Vineyard & Winery will host bocce ball and lawn games
• Wente Vineyards will serve up barrel samples with a food pairing at the Estate Tasting Room on Tesla Road
• el Sol Winery will present beekeeping demonstrations throughout the day
Check the Livermore Valley Wine Country web site for a full list of participating wineries and details on activities at the Livermore Valley Harvest Wine Celebration.